Posts Tagged ‘Pet Shop’
Dealing with a Golden Retriever Pregnancy by Michael Corben
These days more and more people are breeding golden retrievers. This is because the dog’s fun, affectionate, loyal, and friendly features have encouraged a lot of consumers into actually owning one for their household. Golden retriever puppies are very saleable in any pet shop because no customer can resist the cute and chubby faces.
Breeding goldens are not as carefree as it sounds. It can be very challenging especially when you do not have the skills to do so. It is a business that should be taken seriously.
So how do you deal with a golden retriever pregnancy?
It all starts from the day of studding and making sure to count 60 to 62 days onwards. The pregnancy will usually lasts between 60 to 62 days. After a few days from the time of the mating, you should be able to see some transparent discharge from its vulva. However, if the discharge is cloudy or if it bears another color, or if you could see some blood on it, it is important to take the dog to the veterinarian to have it checked. The cloudy or tainted discharge may be a sign of infection that needs to be taken cared of immediately.
During the time of your dog’s pregnancy, be constantly on the lookout for any signs that you think may have gone wrong. It is normal for the dog to feel lazy during the first few weeks and this could be also accompanied by morning sickness. However, if you notice the dog has gone unnaturally weaker, cannot move on its own, or has an elevated temperature higher than the normal, then it is wise to see a veterinarian immediately to have her condition assessed.
Just like a pregnant woman, your dog’s appetite may also change. She may appear to be constantly hungry all the time or she may be picky on certain foods. If she turns out to be picky, it is best to find the right food for her to eat. The first thing a pregnant golden retriever needs is adequate nutrition.
If you are unsure whether your dog is pregnant or not, then take her to the vet to get her tested. A veterinarian will usually order a blood test to check the presence of a pregnancy hormone. An ultrasound can also be performed to check for any sign of heartbeat.
At the time of your dog’s pregnancy you’ll notice that your dog will become more rounded or fatter. Her nipples will appear to be swollen as well. This is in preparation for the milk that the puppies will need when they are born. So don’t get overly concerned if you see your golden retriever start to get fat.
Another behavior that you may notice when your golden retriever is pregnant is it tends to become less affectionate. She may frequently want to stay in a quiet place. This is a mother’s natural reaction to the pregnancy, so leave her alone. It is also during this time that the mother is starting to explore other areas in your home where she think it is safe to give birth to her pups.
Caring for a pregnant golden retriever may not be as easy as it sound but after you have seen the pups and the mother after giving birth, it can be a rewarding feeling that you’ve finally made it.
Michael Corben has been in the golden retriever business for more than 20 years. If you’d like to learn more on golden retriever breeder, visit http://www.mygoldenretrievertips.com
Incoming search terms:
- golden retriever pregnancy
- golden retrievers and pregnancy
- looking after a pregnant golden retriever
- nutrition for a pregnant golden retriever
- nutrition for pregnant golden retriever
- pregnancy golden retreiver
- pregnant golden retriever
- pregnant golden retriever giving birth
- pregnant golden retriever making white discharge
- pregnant golden retriever nutrition
Characteristics Of Reputable Golden Retriever Breeders
Author: Peter Finch
Many of us would like to own a golden retriever. Therefore it is important to choose the right puppy. Now we do not know what the puppy would turn out to be in future. To ensure that you pick up the right one, which may turn out to be physically and emotionally stable, you need to opt for a puppy from a reputable breeder.
What are the characteristics of a reputable breeder?
Make sure you purchase your golden retriever from a reputable breeder. Following are certain options you would like to consider while finalizing the golden retriever puppy -
1. Dealer or pet shop – To be very honest, pet shops are not the ideal place to select a puppy from. Most pet shops look at high profit and returns. Unfortunately, they may not give enough attention to the quality of the breed.
2. Backyard Breeders – Again this may not be one of the best choices. A backyard breeder also may not be aware of the characteristics of a reputable breeder. Backyard breeders usually own a few golden retrievers and look forward to breeding their females for puppies.
They may be doing it for money or fun, or possibly both. One cannot also pay a high regard to their knowledge about the breed in general. Usually backyard breeders are also not aware of problems associated with breeding.
3. Hobby Breeders – This is the best option so far. Hobby breeders are committed and loyal and they really consider this to be more than their hobby. Hobby breeders care a lot about quality and are really aware of the characteristics of a reputable breeder.
While they are aware of the commercial gains that would ensue from the transactions, they would probably take better care in ensuring that you get a fine golden retriever puppy to take home. Besides, they accept responsibility of the golden retrievers puppies that they breed.
What you need to do
- Ensure that you see the mother, and if possible the father as well. This will give you a fair idea of the pedigree of the golden retriever.
- Ask the breeder for health certificates of both the mother and the father, to ensure that the breed does not have any health problems. This is one of the most important ways to check the characteristics of a reputable breeder.
- A golden retriever puppy is usually confident and inquisitive. It also grows up to be a 70-pound easily trainable dog that can socialize with all.
- A golden retriever puppy from a reputable breeder usually has a lighter coat. The color varies a little when they are fully grown. If you would like to check the color when you are buying the puppy, check the fur on the ears. Also a look at the parents will give you an estimation of the true color
- It is also important to ask more about the puppy when you are purchasing one. Also documents like health certificates and kennel club registrations need to be in place.
A simple search on the Internet can provide you with more details on the characteristics of a reputable breeder. So, what is stopping you? Go ahead and adopt golden retriever for you and your family.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/pets-articles/characteristics-of-reputable-golden-retriever-breeders-183190.html
About the Author
Don’t get ripped off. If you are looking for information on golden retrievers? or advice on buying a golden retriever or house breaking your golden retriever, visit us now. GoldenRetrieverAdvice.org is a goldmine for information on everything related to golden retrievers.
How to Look for the Best Golden Retriever Breeder
Author: Brian B
Choosing the golden retriever breeder is a very important task. Since you cannot guess on how the puppy you wish to buy will grow up both emotionally and physically, you can only rely on golden retriever breeders to provide you with the best companion, playmate and pet.
You can look for golden retriever breeders in pet shops, backyards and serious hobby breeders. If this is your first time to look for a puppy, it is likely that you will first head to the pet shop. Unfortunately, that is the worst decision you could do. At dealers and pet shops, golden retriever breeders lack the ability to breed and raise dogs properly.
Backyard breeders, on the other hand, are people who own golden retrievers as pets. Backyard breeders have different reasons why they breed their pets – for money, for experience, for fun, or for other personal reasons. Unfortunately, most backyard breeders have little knowledge on how to breed with proper care and have no idea about problems associated with breeding.
The “serious hobby” golden retriever breeders are the most recommended source of a puppy because they are dedicated in breeding dogs. Majority of serious breeders take pride in producing and taking care of the finest golden retrievers possible. As a result, the puppies they produce are healthy emotionally and physically.
What You Need to Ask the Golden Retriever Breeder
When you’re looking for a golden retriever breeder, you have to consider several things to ensure you are buying a healthy dog. Make sure the breeder has personally taken care of the breeding and has knowledge in golden retriever health.
Ask the golden retriever breeder about the family background of the puppy. Let the breeder tell you about the activities the mother was involved in, including hunting, tracking, agility, obedience patterns and others.
Spend time with the puppy and examine if he is shy, fearful or tends to whimper. Examine for rashes, dull coats, eves and other signs of neglect. In addition, make sure that the golden retriever breeder is selling you a puppy aged seven weeks or more. This is important since taking the puppy away from the dam could affect his physical and emotional health.
The best way to determine if the dog breeder is selling you a healthy puppy is by taking the golden retriever to the vet for examination. The veterinarian can determine the dog’s state of health.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/pets-articles/how-to-look-for-the-best-golden-retriever-breeder-595395.html
About the Author
Further Researched information About The Importance Of Fresh Drinking Water For Your Pet Now For That Great Adventure Go On A Cruise But Leave Your Computer Virus Free and Safe